> Academics > School of Nursing > Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant(CNA) Training Program
April-May 2012 CNA Class Schedules & Fees
Dates: 4/23/12 - 5/31/12 (24 days / 4 days a week)
Times: Theory M, W, Th, F 8:00 am - 2:30 pm Clinical M, W, Th, F 7:00 am - 2:30 pm
Tuition & Supplemental Fee - $850
(Supplemental Fee includes textbooks, stethoscope, background check, name badge & Entrance Test)
Application Fee - $100 (non-refundable)
$90 Money Order payable to American Red Cross for State Board Exam (due middle of class)
Must have fulfilled health requirements, CPR certification & Live Scan fingerprint
Please contact 510.639.7557 x.108 for further details.
This program is a 4-week program, meeting 4 times a week, consisting of 150 training hours: 50 hrs of classroom instruction and 100 hrs of clinical and skills lab training. It is designed to prepare qualified individuals to become safe and competent Nursing Assistants in a variety of health-care facilities.
Our curriculum prepares students to take the program competency evaluation for state certification. Upon completion of the training, the students receive a Certificate of Completion of the Nursing Assistant Program and become eligible to take the CNA proficiency exam and be certified by the Department of Health services.
What is a Certified Nursing Assistant?
A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)'s top priority is to support the physical and emotional daily care of a patient. CNAs work under the supervision of nursing and medical staff.
While much of the work - bathing, dressing, feeding, recording life signs - isn't fancy as some other positions, it is the position that often makes the greatest impact on the patient because CNAs often have the most patient contact.
Why Choose Oikos CNA Training Program?
- Experienced teaching staff
- Affordable tuition - $850*
- No pre-requisites required
- Gets you prepared for the State Board Exam in just 24 days
- Refreshments 2-3 days
- Job placement support
*Subject to change without notice - call for the latest info
- Must be at least 16 yrs of age
- Submit a completed application for admissions which includes: A TB Test/CXR clearance and Health Exam; pass fingerprint/background clearance; CPR Certification
- Visit the school to enroll or contact our nursing department's Program Coordinator to schedule a meeting and tour of the campus.
- Receive an admission application packet.
- Submit the completed packet and pay a non-refundable application fee ($100).
- Attend the Orientation Day scheduled one week prior to the first day of class.